domingo, 21 de junio de 2009

Leccion 42ª: Phrasal verbs: To Come

Gramática

To come across (tr.): Encontrar por causalidad un objeto / una persona


Yesterday when I was looking for a book I came across these old photos
To come along (intr.): Llegar a un lugar

The film started at 10 o'clock but we came along one hour later
To come apart (intr.) Dividirse en varias partes


My watch fell onto the floor and came apart
To come away (intr.): Separarse de algo


He hit the ball with his racket so strongly that its grip came away
To come off (intr.): Tener éxito en un plan, un proyecto (se utiliza en oraciones negativas)


His plan to work abroad didn't come off
To come off (intr.): Tener lugar, celebrarse


Our wedding is coming off next September
To come on (intr.): Animar a alguien a hacer algo / a darse prisa (cuando está dudando)


Come on! You can jump that distance, Try again!
To come out (intr.): Desaparecer una mancha (de color, de suciedad...)


I am not sure that this stain will come out
To come out (intr.): Ser publicado


The fifth book about Harry Potters came out last May
To come out (intr.): Ser revelado (la verdad, un hecho que inicialmente se trató de esconder pero que finalmente ha salido a la luz pública)


The president tried to hide his past but finally his relation with the Mafia came out
To come over: Visitar a alguien en su casa


This evening I am coming over to my brother's house to talk to him
To come round (intr.): Recobrar la conciencia


After the accident he was unconscious for two hours until he finally came round
To come round (intr.): Aceptar una sugerencia inicialmente rechazada


At the beginning he didn't accept my suggestion but finally he came round
To come up (intr.): To be mentioned (en una conversación)


Their disagreement about the monarchy always comes out when they talk about politics
To come up to (tr.): Acercarse a una distancia corta para poder hablar

My boss came up to me and told me that I was fired

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario