domingo, 21 de junio de 2009

Leccion 45ª: Phrasal verbs: To Look

Gramática

To look after (tr.): Cuidar


When my mother is not at home I have to look after my little brother
To look ahead (intr.): Prever el futuro para tomar ya medidas


You should look ahead and decide what do you want to do in your life
To look at (tr.): Mirar directamente


Please, don't look at me like that
To look back (intr): Mirar al pasado


Alice is always looking back. She should live the present
To look for (tr.): Buscar


Can you help me to look for my glasses?
To look forward to (tr.) : Esperar con interés un acontecimiento futuro (suele ir acompañado de gerundio)


I am looking forward to seeing you next summer
To look in (intr.): Hacer una corta visita de improviso a alguien


Coming back from work I looked in to see my parents
To look into (tr.): Investigar


The police is looking into the strange death of that businessman
To look out (intr.): Estar atento


Look out! You are driving too fast
To look over (tr.) Revisar algo rápidamente, leer nuevamente, inspeccionar criticamente


You should look over your essay before handing it to the teacher
To look through (tr.) Mirar entre un conjunto de cosas buscando algo para seleccionarlo


Look through all these books and pick whichever you want
To look up (tr.): Buscar algo (un nombre, una palabra, una definición, etc.) en un libro


If you don't understand a word you can look up it in the dictionary

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario