domingo, 21 de junio de 2009

Leccion 46ª: Phrasal verbs: To Make

Gramática

To make for (somewhere) (tr.): Ir en esa dirección


When I saw the dogs I made for the exit
To make off (intr.): Largarse (ladrones con algo) (Inglés americano)


The thieves made off with a big loot before the police arrived
To make out (something): Comprender porque algo ha ocurrido


I cannot make out how this microwave got on fire
To make out: Ver / oír algo / a alguien con dificultad


This classroom is very noisy. I cannot make out what the teacher says
To make up (something): Inventarse una historia o una excusa


The detainee made up a ridiculous story to justify himself
To make up (something): Componer, formr parte


A watch is made up of hundreds of pieces
To make up one's mind: Tomar una decisión


I don't know what to do: I haven't made up my mind yet
To make up (a quarrel): Finalizar una disputa


You should make up that dispute with your brother
To make up (the face): Maquillarse (Inglés americano)


You don't need to make up your face; you look wonderful

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario