domingo, 21 de junio de 2009

leccion 44ª: Phrasal verbs: To Go

Gramática

To go ahead (intr.): Seguir adelante


You should go ahead with that interesting project, even if you don't find any support
To go along with (something / someone): Apoyar una idea, estar de acuerdo con alguien


Our president went along with my idea to enter in the Chinese market
To go away (intr..): Marcharse


I haven't seen her for a while; probably she has gone away without saying a word
To go back on (tr.): Retirar o romper una promesa


He went back on his promise to invite me for dinner
To go down (intr.): Ser recibida una idea con aprobación


His plan to reduce costs in the factory went down very well
To go for (tr.): Elegir


My parents went for this school because it was very close to our home
To go for (tr.): Atacar


Your dog went for my cat and almost killed it
To go in for (tr.): Estar muy interesado en algo, practicar algo, participar en competiciones


My brother goes in for golf
To go into (tr.): Investigar detenidamente


The police is determined to go into his death; they don't believe that it was a suicide
To go off (intr.): Abandonar un lugar para dirijirse a otro


After work I went off to try to find a shop where to buy a new suit
To go off (intr.): Explotar


The bomb went off in the middle of the parking
To go on (intr.): Continuar


The went on arguing about politics all the night
To go on with (tr.): Continuar con algo


You should go on with your studies about the French Revolution
To go on (intr.): Ocurrir


Many ambulances have passed; do you know what's going on?
To go out (intr.): Salir de casa para entretenerse


My son has a lot of friends and he goes out almost every evening
To go over (tr.): Examinar, estudiar o repetir cuidadosamente


I have to go over my report to correct some spelling mistakes
To go through with (tr.): Finalizar algo desagradable o difícil que has planeado o que has prometido hacer


My son didn't want to go to England, but finally he decided to go through it
To go through (tr.): Experimentar una situación difícil o desagradable


Last year I went through a very difficult time after losing my job
To go through (tr.): Examinar el conetenido de algo atentamente


In the bookshop I went through the books looking for one about tidal waves
To go together (intr.): Personas / objetos / situaciones que suelen ir juntas


Normally the optimism and the good luck go together
To go without (tr.): No tener algo que habitualmente se tiene

What a problem! I broke my glasses and I cannot go without it

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario